If, like us, your December featured the antics of the Elf on the Shelf, then your kids may want to send them on their way back to The North Pole with a little treat.
In our house, when the kids leave out their milk and mince pie for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer, they also leave a teeny box of Elf Treats outside Joey’s Elf Door for him to take back to The North Pole with him to share with his elf friends.
Even if you don’t have your own elf, the kids may want to leave some out for Santa to take back with him to give to the Elves.
Making elf treats is really simple.
All you need are :
- Round cereal like Weetos/Cheerios/Fruit Loops
- Cookie cereal like Cookie Crisp
- A small amount of icing
- A small box to put the finished treats in (we use the insert of a matchbox, covered in wrapping paper)
- Place a few elf cookies (cookie crisp cereal) into your box.
- Take your ring cereal and dip it into the icing
- Then dip into a small bowl of sprinkles, and
- Put aside to set
Once they’ve set, add the elf doughnuts to the box. Then just leave them out on Christmas Eve.