This is a really simple, no bake recipe that even the youngest children can get involved with making.
To start with, you will need :
- A packet of chocolate digestive biscuits
- 1 or 2 bars of white chocolate
- Some red round sweets, we use Skittles
- Something green, either green jelly diamonds, fondant green leaf shapes or what we use is green writing icing.
Break up the white chocolate and melt it (we just stick it in the microwave for a minute).
- Either dip the top-half of your biscuit in the melted white chocolate, or spoon it on.
- Add a couple of the red, round sweets to look like holly berries.
- Add your something green to make the holly leaves. We just squiggle the green writing icing on in a semi-leaf shape.
- Repeat until all biscuits are done or you run out of sweets (often because little mouths have been nibbling the sweets whilst decorating the biscuits!)
- Pop the finished biscuits in the fridge for half an hour to allow the white chocolate to set.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea ☕️